Thursday 10 April 2014

Monday Brunching

Monday's aren't the best of days, but days can be made the best with the help of a little brunch and a catch-up. Meriel has just returned from a romantic trip to Sri Lanka and so there was lots to chat about as we arrived at our new brunching spot - Tom's Kitchen in Chelsea.


As I have previously informed you on a number of other occasions - I adore brunch. What other meal can you just as feasibly enjoy sweet and savoury dishes together? I intend to make the most of weekday brunching until the day comes where a job prevents me from enjoying meals at inconvenient times. When this day comes I will ensure all my meetings occur over brunch so I do not miss out.

Tom's Kitchen in Chelsea is another ideal brunch location in London. It is one of a number of Tom Aiken's restaurants, all of which pride themselves on serving fresh, British comfort food. 

We were both starving, so for once deciding really did not take long.

Green tea was up first...



Followed by the most delicious hot chocolate...


Before the food was placed down in front of us. Meriel was very happy with her choice of the Brioche French Toast with caramelised apples and cinnamon cream, lightly dusted with icing sugar.


I'm sure you can see why...



I decided to go for a savoury option, whilst immediately regretting that decision as soon as I laid eyes on the french toast, my poached eggs on a buttered bagel, with a side of smoked salmon, was equally delicious in a slightly healthier way.



I'd highly recommend Tom's Kitchen as a breakfast spot, the Chelsea branch is relatively easy to find and is located on Cale Street. I've also eaten at the Tom's Kitchen located in Somerset House for lunch - they do a great choice of salads, cold meats and hearty sandwiches as well as a delicious selection of cakes. To find out more check out their website here

No comments:

Post a Comment