Friday 5 July 2013

A sunny Friday, a BBQ and a few jugs of Pimms

As I mentioned earlier in the week, the girls we lost to travelling round the world are starting to arrive back in Surrey and there's lots of missed time to catch up on. So I thought what nicer way to start doing this, than have a chilled afternoon in the sunshine with Pimms and a BBQ. So that is exactly what I did. 





My parents have just very selfishly gone on holiday to California without both my sister and I, however on leaving my mum set us up on her Ocado account, and it is fair to say I got a little over excited by this and this resulted in us having enough BBQ food for around double the number of people that there actually were. 



Fortunately we all eat far more than we should so the over catering wasn't an issue.


We had sweet potato chips...


Salad...



A lot of meat... Exceptionally cooked by Sophie. 



Pimms, obviously...



Lots of yummy fruit...





And an amazing pear, white chocolate and raspberry crumble that my friend Ems made for us, which we ate all of before I could think of taking a photo to share with you all. 

My cat enjoyed it as well.


I can't think of many better ways to spend a summer afternoon than with friends and a big glass of Pimms.


3 comments:

  1. Had my first Pimm's cup over the weekend and it was lovely! I heard it's very simple to make, but would you mind sharing your recipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just 1/3 Pimms to 2/3 lemonade and lots of fruit!

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I'm from the states and had never heard much about Pimms. After reading your blog, it is now my go to drink every time I see it on a menu!

      Delete