Friday 12 July 2013

Detox Day in the Sunshine!

As you may have noticed by now I really enjoy cooking, and recently my mum decided to buy me Gwyneth Paltrow's new cook book. 



Gwyneth Paltrow cooks?! Yes that's right apparently she does and she's kindly decided to share with the public how she's kept her figure looking as incredible as it does.

Gwyneth (we're on a first name basis now) is actually technically a relative, not that I've ever actually met her. But she's there on the family tree. A fair few branches away from me. But she's still there. So this distant connection along with the odd obsession I have with quinoa (also a key feature in her book) led my mum to buy me this book. 

I hadn't got round to using the book yet until today when my friend Sophie (she's the one that cooks good Thai food) came round for a day of sunbathing. She had also gone out last night and as a consequence wasn't feeling her best, so what better way to make yourself feel better than eat something healthy? 

Ok apart from a McDonalds breakfast, a detox day with a lot of water always makes me feel a lot better after drinking a bit too much the night before. 

We settled on making a Spanish style salad. Not quite sure what made it Spanish in style but it tasted yummy

Ingredients: 

- Lettuce
- Cucumber
- Grated Carrot
- Chicken
- Chickpeas
- Sweetcorn
- Paprika


It's relatively simple to make, you have to cook the chickpeas for 4-5 minutes, with the sweetcorn and then put them in a frying pan with olive oil and paprika and cook till they're nice and crispy.






Then add to the salad. And we served ours with a vinagrette dressing. As Gwyneth personally recommended.




Very simple and very yummy!

Oh and we cooked up some Halloumi too!




No comments:

Post a Comment