Monday 7 October 2013

A beautiful sunset

Yesterday was such a beautiful day. 

I honestly think that on a sunny Autumn day in London there is nowhere I'd rather be.

And I can't think of many better places to watch the sun set over the city on a day like yesterday, than from a rooftop looking over all of London's most famous landmarks, can you? 

No I didn't think so. 

And when a sunset looks quite as exquisite as this one did, there couldn't have been a more perfect setting. 


You may be wondering where this rooftop is located, well it's the Radio Bar on top of the ME Hotel on the Strand in Central London.

We arrived just in time to see the sun disappearing behind London's skyline.


So naturally we took the opportunity to get a little bit arty with our phones. I was pretty pleased with this picture, which if you follow me on Instagram you will have seen before. But it is pretty cool (even if I do say so myself) so you can have another little look at it. 


After getting a little carried away with photographing we settled down and ordered a couple of cocktails. 


Well I did, my companion went for a Jack Daniels and coke - a more manly improvement than the bright pink cocktail ordered last time. I chose the AM/FM cocktail which was made up of a delicious combination of rum, mint, lemon and passion fruit. 


We also indulged in a couple of pre-dinner snacks which were delicious - We went for Baba Ganoush with Arab bread (basically crackers) and Beef satay. 



I would highly recommend visiting the Radio Bar, such amazing views and yummy cocktails - perfect for either pre or post dinner, but if I were you i'd try and get up there for a sunset like last night it really was amazing!



6 comments:

  1. The sunset was beautiful. Great picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! My city is so boring and nothing like this is available. I need to get out more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful shots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sunset looks amazing, nice photos! :) Oh and the food looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sunset photo is absolutely gorgeous! And the food looks amazing :) Love your blog! xx

    http://stellabythesea3.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete