Monday 21 October 2013

Venturing East!

Sunday's are for three things - a lie in, a roast and adventure time! 

So we thought we'd tick at least one of those boxes and leave the comforts of West and Central London and head East to explore some of what it has to offer. 

So that's exactly what we did. 

Our first destination being the Columbia Road Flower Market. 



I used to come here with my parents when I was younger but don't remember it all that well so it was great to come back and get a feel for the place now i'm more grown up.

The market opens at 8 every Sunday morning, with every conceivable flower lining the street until 2 in the afternoon when it starts packing up. 





Columbia Road itself is a really beautiful Victorian road with lots of really quirky shops and cafes. 











Including the most amazing stationary shop in the entire world, which unfortunately didn't allow photography, but Choosing Keeping Stationery - i'm coming back for you! 


I also loved this art gallery they had some really quirky pieces in here.










And look how cool this little coffee and hot chocolate stand we stumbled across is, I want one for myself!





I then came across this mug which if I hadn't been told I wasn't allowed to buy it by a certain someone, it would most definitely be in my possession. 


Although it has to be said Columbia Road itself is ridiculously over priced due to it being one of London's most iconic markets. 

However it is a really fun atmosphere and if you enjoy pushing your way through hundreds of people, admiring the flowers, listening to live music and popping your head into all the cool shops that line the road then it's a great way to spend a morning. 



They also have a great bagel shop called Cafe Columbia which we didn't eat at this time as we'd already had breakfast, but I would really recommend visiting, especially if you like Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese bagels (they're my favourite, original I know)  




After spending the morning taking in all the sights and smells the market had to offer we wandered on up to Brick Lane to meet a friend and see what it had to offer us on a sunny Sunday afternoon.

Check back in tomorrow to see what we got up to there! 

10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  2. This looks amazing. Can we take a moment to appreciate the facial expressions of the people in the 3rd picture?
    Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I am not the only one who noticed ;D Brilliant as always Emma :)

      Delete
  3. Awesome reflection of you taking the photo of the stationery shop! I'll definitely be taking a trip to Columbia road soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe Finn said you couldn't buy that mug! I will curse him next time he posts a tweet. Girl buy it anyway and tell him it's your money and he can't stop you. Don't let him take the piss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute :) I wish there were market's like this in Melbourne, I can't wait to explore London one day soon! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't even waste my time on comments like that Emma.
      focus on us nice people who enjoy reading your blog ;)
      And might I just add that I especially love the pictures you took while flipping through those books? I like your style of photography :)

      Delete