Sunday 2 June 2013

Healthy Flapjacks

I decided to come home for the weekend, home being just outside London in Surrey.
Having finished all my work and exams for the year I was at a loss with what to fill a day in the country with, whilst sunbathing was a tempting option I soon got bored and decided to be creative and bake something yummy.

In a bid to maintain my 'Summer Body Diet' i thought I better come up with something I could justify eating quite a few of, whilst also satisfying my sweet tooth. That's where my Quinoa, Cinnamon and Raisin Flapjacks came in.


Their name is off putting to most but they actually taste delicious (even if i do say so myself)
And considering i'm not a fan of following a recipe I decided to throw lots of things I like into a bowl and hope for the best, this was the result...


Recipe


- 3/4 cup of rolled oats (normal or gluten free) 

- 1/4 cup cooked quinoa 
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon 
- 1/4 cup honey 
- 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 cup smooth/crunchy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon of manuka/agave syrup or maple syrup 
- Raisins, Apricots (any other dried fruit you wish) 



1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and line a baking tray with baking parchment

2. Measure out all ingredients into a bowl and mix together in a Magimix or something similar until all ingredients are in a sticky paste
3. Measure out even amounts of mixture onto the baking tray
4. Put in the oven until golden brown (usually around 10 minutes)
5. Eat!











2 comments:

  1. where did you get your quinoa and oats? i'm finding really hard to find healthy food stores in the uk xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry it's taken so long to respond didn't see this comment - you can get quinoa in most supermarkets, I know Waitrose definitely do quinoa and these oats. Or try a wholefoods market if there's one near you?

      Delete