Sunday 16 June 2013

Out for Brunch


My sister has been quite unwell recently and wanted to get out the house so we decided to go out for brunch to a small, independent, artisan bakery close to us in Surrey called Chalk Hills Bakery. 





They freshly bake the most delicious breads, pastries and cakes as well as having a cafe attached to it which has a breakfast, lunch and tea menu. At the weekend they also have a little garden open where you can go and sit for a late breakfast, which is nice on a summer's day.




Everything baked and served here is organic and delicious. They've been open for a couple of years now and my parents have taken to buying the bread we have at home from here now rather than the supermarket.


For brunch they serve a huge number of incredibly tempting things including pancakes, yoghurt and granola, pastries and eggs benedict. As tempting as the pancakes were I thought they would probably defeat the object of me going to the gym prior to brunch, so I went for poached eggs on sourdough toast and my sister had Eggs Royale - poached eggs with smoked salmon and hollandaise sauce. 



I really recommend visiting Chalk Hills Bakery, it's relatively inexpensive and has a really cute interior with wooden tables and chairs, perfect for a lazy Sunday morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment